Sunday, March 22, 2009

Viva la Puerto Rico

Hola amigos! Well, I spent Christmas 2008 in the sunny Caribbean, getting in touch with my Puerto Rican roots. I met about 75 family members that I never even knew I had! Since our return back to the continental US, I've been wondering why my parents ever decided to settle down in Baltimore. Puerto Rico was sunny and warm every day, I could walk around nude on the beach and nobody cared, I was constantly opening presents, there was always a party to attend, and I practically stayed up until midnight every night. It doesn't get much better than that. Although, the lack of sleep definitely started to become an issue. If I don't get my beauty sleep, I can become a real grouch. I really put Mommy and Daddy through the ringer on a couple of occassions....especially Christmas Day at my Uncle Dennis' house. (you can see from the pictures below that I was not a happy camper) All in all, it was a great trip.


Here I am with my cousin, Adrianna, on Christmas Day. We are exactly 7 days apart. She seems happy as a clam. I on the other hand, not so much. I mean, can you blame me? I had just travelled over 1000 miles, adjusted to a different time zone, and everyone was speaking a language I couldn't understand. Once the karoake machine came out though, I was all smiles.


This is El Morro, aka the windiest place to stand ever....hence Mommy's bad hair in this picture.

You can see from our blinding white skin that this was our first beach day. Also my first smile of the trip.

Uncle Richie, Lynne, Mommy & Daddy and I went down to Old San Juan for a few Pina Coladas after the beach.


Daddy likes to call this my Kid Rock look...


How come I am the only nude one on the beach?



1 comment:

Kim said...

Finally a new entry! I love the Kid Rock look! Glad to see you are starting Maria out early on the whole nude beach thing :)